Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Life with Jeremy Day 1

Welcome to Life with Jeremy!! What's in store for you as a reader of this blog? I'm glad you asked!! I have absolutely no idea. This blog just feels as though it should be done. So if you wandered in here on accident...I hope that you get something out of it. If you've come looking for this, then you'll just have to post and let me know how you found me.

so here we go!!

I think that I mostly want to talk about whatever topic happens to be on my mind at the time. Today that topic is rest. Everyone needs rest. Sometimes rest comes in the form of sleep or naps, some vacations, others even still it's vegging out watching some TV. But do any of those things really provide rest? I do all of those things at times, but yet so often I am still tired. I think that rest is best suited for us when we take time to rest regularly. Maybe that's why God told man to rest on every 7th day.

Well, now I've just opened up a whole can of worms. Do I take my 7th day off regularly? No, but I should. I wonder if I would stay healthier if I recharged truly once a week? I wonder if my energy level would increase? I'm sure it would.

I think that real and complete rest not only involves the body, but the mind and soul as well. I think that God wants me to rest so that He can help restore all of me.

Maybe as you are ready this, you are thinking about your stress level, workload, and schedule. Maybe we both need to reevaluate where our Sabbath has gone?

Matthew 11:28 say "Come to me (Jesus) all you who are weary and heavy burdened, and I will give you rest."

So, if I want real rest, that means that I have to go to Jesus, not away from Him. Maybe that's why we don't really feel more rested when we sleep through church instead of just going to worship? Maybe by just going, we find rest?

Well, I going to go rest now. I'll have more thoughts later,

goodnight,

jeremy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home