Friday, November 10, 2006

Anticipation

Tonight is a night full of anticipation. For several reasons. First reason...paintball. Tomorrow I am waking up to go and play paintball with some of the kids from church. I love playing paintball with them. I'm terrible at it, but it's so much fun. The main reason I'm not very good is because I'm just so big, I'm a pretty easy target for most of them. For me, the parts of paintball that I'm anticipating are the great fellowship I will have with some of the students, the thrill of playing, and the pain of being hit. Anticipating things can sure bring on a wide range of emotions from joy, to excitement, to anxiety and worry. I have a pretty good idea of what to expect tomorrow. I expect it to be fast, fun, freeing and even frustrating. But I can't wait to be there.

The second reason I am full of anticipation has to do with worship Sunday morning. I'm anxious for several reasons, but mostly because I'm going to be playing a new guitar. It's very nice and really cool looking, but I hope that it enhances the worship experience not detract from it. I really do want worship to be something that moves the people in our church closer to Christ and his call for their lives. So I'm pretty excited and anxious all at the same time about how that will be on Sunday morning.

Anticipation is part of the spiritual life as well. God desires for you and I to anticipate His work in our lives and His work in the world. I wonder why I don't think about or expect God to fix stuff in the world as much as I should? I know that I should be more prayerful about where God is at work and what He is doing. I hope to anticipate that Jesus will move in my life more in the next few days.

what sorts of things do you anticipate are going to happen in your life? What role does God play in those things for you?

have a good night,

jeremy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home