Sunday, December 10, 2006

"there is always hope"

Hello again everyone! I hope that this blog post finds everyone doing well.

Well, the reason that this blog post has the title that is does is because I'm at home now at youth and everything and I'm sitting here in my easy chair watching "The Lord of the Rings: the Two Towers." What a great movie! I don't know if you are a Lord of the Rings fan or not, but these movies are so captivating to watch to me. Well, there is this one scene where Aragorn - he's one of the main characters. (Disclaimer: Before I go any further, if I ever reference a character name or a situation or generally anything about any of these movies and it is not 100% accurate, please deal with it. I do not claim to be a Lord of the Rings guru, nor do I want to be.) As I was saying Aragorn and some others about to begin a really big battle in the second movie at Helms Deep (a castle). The long and short of it is that Aragorn is talking to a young man that is about to be involved in the war. When I say young, I'm talking about 14 or 15 years old. The young man says that the other men (the other soldiers on their side) have given up hope. Then Aragorn gets all serious and he says to the young man "there is always hope."

If you've never seen this movie clip...you should. The coolest part of this movie clip is the message behind that quote... "there is always hope." What a great message. HOPE.

I think that many of us live without hope on a daily basis. We all do. We all experience hopelessness at times. Here are some examples...maybe they speak to you:
-maybe you lose hope about in thinking that you can overcome your family situation.
-maybe you lose hope about the fact that you have an addicition to something.
-maybe you lose hope in thinking that someone you care about could actually become a Christian.
-maybe you lose hope in thinking that people care for you
-maybe you've lost hope because someone you care about has passed away
-maybe you've lost hope regarding your education...either you just can't get any momentum going or maybe you can't get into the college you want to get into.

For whatever the reason, hopelessness gets in the way at times. And the truth is, God desires to bring hope into our lives.

Psalm 25
1[a] To you, O LORD, I lift up my soul;
2 in you I trust, O my God. Do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me.
3 No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame, but they will be put to shame who are treacherous without excuse.
4 Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths;
5 guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.

I would love to offer more commentary on the subject matter of hope. Maybe tomorrow. But right now I can't keep my eyes open. gotta go to get some sleep.

goodnight.

jeremy

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God, literally.....finally someone I meet who, even though he has seen and enjoys it, is NOT obsessed with Lord of the Rings. Seems like everyone I know either has never seen it, or is completely obsessed. *cough Colin Penndorf cough*
lol good blog Jeremy!

12/24/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm tired of reading the same thing over and over. Please write something else inspiring.....

12/27/2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home