Monday, January 01, 2007

new year

OK, it's 2007!! This is going to be a good year, I can feel it!!

So, It's time for me to make a blog entry, and since it's Jan 1, I feel compelled to write briefly about all the great things that happened to me in 2006. Short recap, here we go:

Jan 2006 - Ski Trip!! Always the highlight of my winter months. Ski Trip is always blast being off with students and having a great time skiing and getting to know my students better.

Feb 2006 - Winter retreat with Jr. High and the unbelievable trip home with the red van that couldn't hold water and kept overheating. I will always remember being on my back in the parking lot of the gas station in SC and asking Andy if chewing gum would plug the hole in the hose that spewing water everywhere! Ahh good times.

Mar 2006 - Cherry Blossom time!! - This is absolutely the best time to live in Macon. It is by far and away the prettiest time of year, and there's a lot of fun stuff to do.

Apr 2006 - Boys retreat to Okefenokee - The whole trip was worth it just to see that alligator jump out of the water and try to grap Andrew Mochrie's bait off his fishing line. I will never forget Andrew's freaking out and screaming as he was staring straight down the jaws of an alligator from about 10 feet away.

May 2006 - Rennata and I went on our anniversary trip to New Smyrna Beach, FL. We have some really nice friends at church that let us borrow their condo for the week. (It is awesome by the way!) It is always a great trip to go down there and have a relaxing time. It was also the last family vacation that Rennata and I will be taking by ourselves with no children.

June 2006 - SUMMER CAMP! Enough said. Great week! Great time to build relationships! Great worship! Good time to just get away! And the highlight of the week was learning from David Welesko that corn dogs were the new currency.

July 2006 (two items) 1st - River of Life. Because this year it was awesome! I look forward to what God has in store for River of Life at our church in the future!
2nd - The birth of Taylor Lane Wilson July 24th. This was the pinnacle moment of my year...if not my whole life. Getting to be a part of the birth of my first child was amazing and has affected me like nothing else in my life ever has. I am a better man because of that day.

August 2006 - I don't remember much about August. I was totally deprived from sleep in every way. I just remember waking up some time in September

September 2006 - Whitewater rafting down the Ocoee. Yeah, I think this was the weekend that woke me up from the stupor that happened after Taylor was born. What a fun retreat!

October 2006 - I turned 30!! I don't exactly know if this was a highlight, but I dreaded it the entire month.

November 2006 - Being hired by the church as the "worship leader" for the 9:30 service. May not seem like a big deal to everybody else since I've been playing and singing in there forever. But, being the leader in there now means that I get to spend some time with Shane planning, dreaming, visioning, and hopefully growing that service in such a way that it will bring glory to God. It's really been a lot of fun to be in there the past few months for me. (OK admittedly, I have a second small highlight...UGA beat GT!! Go dawgs!)

December 2006 - Christmas!! Is there any other time of year that really competes with Christmas? It's magical. It's awesome. And it was my first Christmas as a daddy. How cool!!

Oh yeah - second best highlight of December is that Rennata and I became officially consumer debt free. For those of you dealing with debt in your past, your present, or your future you know how big a deal this is.

So, that 2006 for me. God's blessings everywhere. This was just a month by month recap of the highlights. There were tons of other things I could have added in here.

Where has God blessed you this past year? Did you take time to thank him for all he's done?
God is good. He is good to you, and you need to take some time to reflect on His goodness, His mercy, and His love for you.

Psalm 115:15 May you be blessed by the Lord, who made heaven and earth.

Happy New Year!

jeremy

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay so i havent been on here to read this because it seems like we werent at church in forever....gosh!! Well regarding the whole November 2006 bottom in () The dawgs are gay GO GT!!! haha...well yeah my year was interesting!! Not going to get into it though and you are right that we should thank God for all the things that we had this past year! But i am glad that you had a great year Jeremy!! I beat you cant wait for the years to come!!

1/08/2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah....time for an update

1/13/2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home