Saturday, June 02, 2007

the Countdown is on

In just a few short days, I will be heading to Myrtle Beach, SC with a few sr high students and some counselors for a week of camp at the beach!! I'm really looking forward to it. It's been quite awhile since i've been to the beach. I grew up near the beach and grew up going to the beach alot. Because of that, the beach is always a real special place to me.

I've got so many memories...

- the first time I found a sand dollar with my feet.
- the first time I went body surfing
- jumping the waves with my friends
- being in high school and going to the beach with friends on our days off from school
- I learned how to swim in the ocean
- I met my wife for the first time at the beach
- 8 years of summer camp

this list could go on and on...but the point is that somehow God meets me there in a special way...I'm looking forward to camp.

I will leave you with a quote from a praise and worship song by Ten Shekel shirt:

Something about the ocean
Makes me rise up and praise
Something about the heavens
Makes me stand in awe again
Something about the sunrise
Reminds me of Your faithfulness
Something about the ocean
And I'm lost in love again

jeremy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home